Tooth Pain? How Can We Help?
Common Types of Dental Emergencies
Knocked Out Tooth
Lost a filling or crown
Severe Tooth Pain
Here are some steps to take for a dental emergency:
- Call your nearest Oaks Dental Group Location.
- Pick up the tooth by the crown and rinse it under warm water. DO NOT touch the root.
- If possible, place the tooth back into its socket – if not tuck it into the cheek pouch.
- If the tooth cannot be placed in the mouth, put the tooth into a cup of milk, saliva, or water as a last resort. It is important to keep the tooth from drying out.
We do everything we can to save the tooth and replace it back in it’s natural socket. In some cases, the tooth will reattach, but if the inner mechanisms of the teeth are seriously damaged, root canal therapy might be necessary. Not to worry, we do everything we can to get you comfortable and find the best solution for you.
If your dental emergency happens after hours, here is what we recommend:
- Still leave us a message, we do our best to prioritize dental emergencies always.
Apply clove oil to the tooth to alleviate pain. This can be purchased at a local pharmacy.
Do your best to preserve the tooth or crown as mentioned above.
DO NOT use any kind of glue to affix the tooth or crown, this could make your problem worse.
What Our Patients Have To Say..
"My experience so far has been great. No waiting for my appointments. I felt everyone in the office was very professional. I changed my dentist and I am super happy. I will be back."
“I took my son in for an appt with Dr Walters and I was very impressed. Missy who works in the front office was extremely friendly. Tina did a great job with the financing. Enjoyed the appt!”
“New patient needing emergency treatment. Can't say enough about this whole group. From the phone call to Missy, greetings when I arrived, a great assistant Addie, dental assistant Angel, and THE terrific Dr Walters, what could have been a terrible day turned into finding my new dentist. The procedure was tougher on them than me. Lol. Love them all Joanne.”